|PhD candidate in Accounting
Stern School of Business
New York University
|10–185B Kaufman Management Center
44 W 4th St Ste, New York, NY 10012–1106
|2011–Present||Stern School of Business, New York University, New York NY|
|Ph.D. in Accounting (Spring/Summer 2016 Expected)
Dissertation: The stock price reaction to investment news: New evidence from modeling optimal capex and capex guidance
|2007–2009||Cornell University, Ithaca NY|
|M.S. in Applied Economics and Management
Thesis: Optimal Investment in Ethanol Plants: A Real Options Analysis with Two Stochastic Variables.
|2003–2007||Renmin University, Beijing China|
|Bachelor of Management|
|2011||Warren Award, Second Place, Cornell University|
|2009||Warren Award, Second Place, Cornell University|
- Todd M. Schmit, Luo Jianchuan, and Jon M. Conrad. 2011. “Estimating the influence of U.S. ethanol policy on plant investment decisions: A real options analysis with two stochastic variables,” Energy Economics 33 (6): 1194–1205.
- Todd M. Schmit, Jianchuan Luo, and Loren W. Tauer. 2009. “Ethanol Plant Investment using Net Present Value and Real Options Analyses,” Biomass and Bioenergy 33 (10): 1442–1451.
- Luo, J. “The stock price reaction to investment news: New evidence from modeling optimal capex and capex guidance,” November 2015
- Luo, J., J. Ronen, R. Shalev & M. Tang. “Annual earnings guidance and the smoothing of analysts’ multi-period forecasts,” September 2015
- American Accounting Association (AAA) member, since 2012.
- American Finance Association (AFA) member, since 2012.
- Society for Financial Studies member, 2012–2014.
- American Economics Association (AEA) member, 2012.
- Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) member, 2007.
- EAA Talent Workshop, 2015
- AAA Annual Meeting, 2014
- NYU Accounting Summer Camp, 2012–2015
- Columbia University Burton Workshop, 2013–15
- JAAF Conference, 2011
- NE Renewable Energy Conference, 2008
As of November 13th 2015